HEAD CHEF / CATERING MANAGER
We are are looking for a highly motivated energetic person to take on the role of a Head Chef / Catering Manager, to effectively manage the Catering Service of New Victoria Hospital.
This role covers a multiple range of activities including, but not limited to, ensuring that the planning, preparation, cooking and serving of nutritious and appetising food for patients and staff is carried out effectively to high standards.
Permanent - Full Time
40 hours per week (8 hours per day working 5 days out of 7 on a shift system between 06.00 - 21.00 hours with rotational weekend and bank holiday working)
You will be dynamic, creative and an excellent people manager. You will have a desire and passion to cook nutritionally balanced menus fresh quality ingredients within budgetary constraints. You will be professional and responsible in your approach to managing the department’s service assuming a hands-on approach to support and direct your team to achieve exceptional levels of service.Educated to GCSE or equivalent
- To have or be working towards Levels 2 & 3 (supervisory / management) NVQ in Catering or equivalent
- Have a clear understanding of Food Hygiene and hold an Intermediate hygiene certificate and City & Guilds 706-1/2 in professional cooking
- Have a clear understanding of HACCP
- Be able to produce high quality food cooking from first principles
- Be able to understand budgets and control expenditure
- You will be friendly and approachable have a passion for providing customer service excellence
- Be a team motivator who manages their team to be passionate about what they do
- Ability to cater for specific dietary needs
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal, good IT skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple tasks
- Good general standard of education to include a good command of the English language and the ability to write letters to a high standard
For a full Job description click here
Should you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Kathleen Flynn at email@example.com or download and return the Application Form at the bottom of this page. .