New Victoria Hospital Pathology Department is a state of the art Testing Laboratory, accredited to the ISO/IEC 17025 standard by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) (No. 4636). Quality is integrated into every facet of the decision-making process in the management of our laboratory and the science that we practice. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent service to our patients, clients, consultants and general practitioners and our staff members continually monitor changes in technology to stay abreast of developments by the industries’ suppliers regarding new analysers and tests. Our participation in proficiency testing and quality evaluation programs with results compared to over 400 laboratories internationally further validates the excellent quality of our services.
Biochemistry, Haematology and Endocrinology/Immunology/Microbiology tests are done on site with a same-day turn around and any tests which are not carried out in-house are sent to an accredited referral laboratory in London.
- A full phlebotomy service is available in the outpatients department for people aged 12 and over.
- Referrals are accepted from Consultants and GP’s (request form required to proceed with phlebotomy/testing)
- Test requests are accepted from Consultants and GP’s
- Extensive range of Biochemistry, Haematology and Endocrinology tests available
- Results normally available on the same day
- Urgent testing available
- Results are mailed first class and faxed/phoned if requested (only to the requesting Consultant or GP unless otherwise specified by them)
- On-call service for inpatients
- Any specialised testing is sent to our nominated referral Laboratory in London
- Samples sent twice daily or urgently if required
- Results are closely monitored for adherence to turnaround times
- Results are mailed first class and phoned/faxed if requested (only to the requesting Consultant or GP unless otherwise specified by them)