A service to help sufferers of abnormal uterine bleeding. The key to this service is the use of a tiny Hysteroscope which enables us to perform Hysteroscopies without anaesthetic, allowing the patient to walk in and out. New Victoria Hospital is the only hospital in the area to offer this service.
- Outpatient Hysteroscopy
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Insertion of Mirena Coil
- Endometrial Ablation
- Retrieval of lost coils
Referral Criteria to the Clinic:
- Persistent intermenstrual bleeding (more than 3-6 months duration) in premenopausal women aged 40 years or over Women aged 40 years or over with irregular heavy periods (menorrhagia or ovular dysfunctional uterine bleeding) (DUB) who have failed to respond to 3-6 months of treatment Tranexamic acid 0.5-1.5g up to 4 times daily taken during the period.
- Mefanamic acid 500mg 3 times daily taken during the period Combined oral contraceptive pills.
- Irregular heavy periods (anovular DUB), failed response to six months treatment with progesterone plus medical treatment (tranexamic acid/mefanamic acid/COCP).
- Persistent unscheduled bleeding (3-6 months duration) on hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or Tamoxifen treatment.
- Post Menopausal bleeding, please mark referral as urgent.
Alternate Wednesday afternoon.
Telephone 020 8949 9010