HIGHLY SPECIALISED CARDIAC PHYSIOLOGIST/ECHOCARDIOGRAPHER
We have an exciting opportunity for an innovated and ambitious Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist/Echocardiographer to join our Cardiac Investigations Unit at New Victoria Hospital. New Victoria Hospital is a small, independent, friendly private hospital incredibly proud of the quality of services it offers. As an employer it offers exceptional benefit packages including staff pension, full private healthcare, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and more.
With the coming launch of a new and expanded Outpatients Facility, inclusive of a new Cardiac Investigations Room, this unique opportunity will see the successful candidate lead the fledgling Cardiac Investigations Service.
Building upon our successful and rapidly expanding foundations you will be responsible for supporting our Consultant Cardiologists, Out Patient and Pre-Operative Assessment teams; engaging development by working with our Marketing and GP Liaison Team and formulating relationships with a broad range of referrers; assist with policy, audit and risk programs and have innovation for implantation of new services.
While providing managerial and administrative support to the Imaging Manager you will be responsible for managing the technical resource efficiently and effectively, ensuring the smooth running of a quality non-invasive service to cardiac patients. Although part of a multi-disciplinary team you will need to be able to work independently, meeting governance standards and delivering a high quality service to patients and referrers.
Candidates should possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, a high capacity for responsibility and individual initiative.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform a wide range of procedures on adults including:
- Echocardiograms – independent scanning and reporting required
- Exercise Tolerance Tests
- ECG testing
- BP and HR ambulatory monitoring – including wireless patches
- Stress Echocardiograms – assisting Cardiologists
- Implantable Loop Recorders - registration and follow up, acting on alerts as required
- Analyse and interpret real time results and communicate findings to relevant team members and Cardiologists
- Perform procedures at independent practitioner level’s
- Act autonomously to deliver appropriate and individualised patient care at all times
- Provide technical cover to all areas of the Cardiology Service
- Maintain accurate patient recordings and results on IT systems and paper records
- BSE Accredited
- Registration/accreditation by other relevant body’s desirable e.g. the RCCP and SCT
- EACVI, BHRS, IBHRE accreditation highly advantageous
- Substantial post qualification experience of working within a cardiology unit
- Intermediate Life Support status’s
- Ability to recognise clinical problems early and report/take appropriate action
- Confident communicator with high levels of written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of IT systems, such as the Microsoft Office
Permanent - Full Time
30 - 37.5 Hours per week (some Saturdays may be required)
Competitive - Band 7 equivalent
For a full Job description click here
For further information contact Alison Wise on 020 8949 9036 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Human Resources at email@example.com or download the Application Form at the bottom of this page.