New Victoria Hospital is looking to recruit a reliable, hardworking and flexible person to work as part of the busy Admissions Team. To run an efficient and effective admissionservice to Consultant surgeons, physicians and their secretaries wishing to utilise the hospital facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To achieve maximum occupancy of theatre usage / bed occupancy through efficient, effective management of the admitted care service.
- To facilitate bookings for all patients requiring theatre time, an inpatient or day bed from consultant users or their secretaries via the use of fully completed booking form and clinic referral letter.
- To be responsible for the clerical administration of patient admissions liaising Pre-Operative Assessment and Ward Managers regarding bed allocation.
- To create a rapport with all consultant users and their secretaries to ensure effective and open two-way communication.
- To establish and maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and the range of people who would enquire about admissions to the hospital.
- To consistently be aware of the vital public relations and marketing element within the role of the Admissions Department, to ensure that the service provided is consistent with a centre of excellence and that the image of the hospital is effectively projected.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant hospital policies and procedures, reviewing and amending all Admissions policies, procedures and forms as necessary to ensure all processes are reflected accurately and in line with the Care Quality Commission outcome standards.
- 37.5 hours a week – Job Share considered