We are looking for a Phlebotomist to join our team, to cover a period of maternity leave.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will join this service to help deliver exceptional urological surgical care to patients having gender affirming surgery. Candidates must be committed to the delivery of trans-inclusive care and be sensitive to the unique needs of this patient group. The successful candidate will be involved in the preoperative and postoperative care of this patient group, as well as the surgery itself. They will be expected to substantially contribute to the development of the service, and audit/research within the programme.
Further expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Attend outpatient clinics, diagnostic procedures and theatre lists to support the service
- Attendance at Gender Affirmation Surgery MDT meetings
- Participation in audit and governance activities of the service
- Ensure compliance with national commissioning standards and waiting time targets
- Support subspecialisation in the department by appropriate cross referral to colleagues
- Provide consultant care at an early stage to patients presenting to secondary care with presumed urological problems
- Contribute to the care of gender surgery inpatients following masculinising procedures
- Engage in the education of other junior doctors, nursing staff and other colleagues
Fixed Term Contract - Initially for 12 months
40 hours per week