Well Man Screen – Male Health Checks
To Make An Appointment For A Private Male Health Check At Our Well Man Screen Clinic, Call: 020 8949 9640
Your Private GP Service at New Victoria Hospital can provide men with a fully tailored health assessment. Price: £400
The consultation and testing time for the men’s health check is 45 minutes with the GP followed by phlebotomy (blood taking). A follow-up appointment at New Victoria Hospital or by telephone is included (20 minutes), to discuss results of the tests.
- Detailed medical history is taken with the doctor to cover all aspects of medical and family history and lifestyle including diet and stress assessment
- Urine analysis
- Height, weight, body mass index
- Blood pressure
- Lung function testing using a peak flow
- Full medical examination with the doctor with ample time for discussion of specific problems
- Blood analysis - 40 different tests including tests for anaemia, liver and kidney function, thyroid function, cholesterol and blood glucose.
- *NEW * Our health screen blood test now includes the Diabetes marker: HbA1C
- Prostate examination (digital rectal assessment)
Includes a follow up appointment in person, or by phone, if preferred, (20 mins) with the same doctor (allow a minimum of 3 working days for pathology results to be received). This is a comprehensive discussion of investigations and examination findings. A cardiovascular health risk score is calculated and discussed along with any other appropriate diet and lifestyle advice. You will receive a hard copy of your blood test results.
Additional private male health screening health screening checks (prices on enquiry):
- STI (sexually transmitted infections) testing by blood or urine
- FIT/FOB (stool testing for blood)
- Chest X-ray
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Resting ECG
- Exercise ECG (treadmill test)
- Echocardiogram (ultrasound examination of the heart)
- 24 hour blood pressure monitor
For more information on our Well Men Screen services at New Victoria Hospital, fill out a contact form or call us on 020 8949 9640