Well Woman Clinic – Women’s Health Checks
To Make An Appointment For A Women’s Health Check At Our Well Woman Clinic, Call: 020 8949 9640
Your Private GP Service can provide women with a fully tailored health assessment. Price: £400
The consultation and testing time for the women’s health check is 45 minutes with the GP followed by phlebotomy (blood taking). A follow-up appointment at New Victoria Hospital or by telephone is included (20 minutes), to discuss results of the tests.
- Detailed medical history is taken with the doctor to cover all aspects of medical and family history and lifestyle including diet and stress assessment
- Urine analysis
- Height, weight, body mass index
- Blood pressure
- Full medical examination with the doctor with ample time for discussion of specific problems
- Blood analysis - 40 different tests including tests for anaemia, liver and kidney function, thyroid function, cholesterol and blood glucose.
- *NEW * Our health screen blood test now includes the Diabetes marker: HbA1C
- Blood tests specific to female health including vitamin D
- Full gynaecological history
- Discussion of contraception, pre-conception counselling, hormone replacement therapy
- Breast examination and instructions on self-examination
- Pelvic examination
Includes a follow up appointment in person, or by phone if preferred, (20 mins) with the same doctor (allow a minimum of 3 working days for pathology results to be received). This is a comprehensive discussion of investigations and examination findings. A cardiovascular health risk score is calculated and discussed along with any other appropriate diet and lifestyle advice. You will receive a hard copy of your blood test results.
Following a discussion with the GP at New Victoria Hospital, further investigations can be added to the health assessment package as required.
Examples of additional women’s health screening health screening checks (prices on enquiry):
- STI (sexually transmitted infections) testing by blood or urine
- Pelvic examination and Cervical smear/HPV testing
- Pelvic ultrasound
- FIT/FOB (stool testing for blood)
- Chest X-ray
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Resting ECG
- Exercise ECG (treadmill test)
- Echocardiogram (ultrasound examination of the heart)
- 24 hour blood pressure monitor
For more information on our Well Women Clinic, call New Victoria Hospital on 020 8949 9640 out our contact form.