Over 35 GPs attended the Adult and Paediatric Life Support course organised by New Victoria Hospital, to provide valuable training on medical emergencies.
Free CPR Course at New Victoria Hospital
New Victoria Hospital ran the free course in partnership with A to E Training & Solutions Ltd, a medical-led company specialised in medical emergencies training.
The course was run over three sessions to allow attending GPs to actively participate in the class and get a better grasp on symptom recognition and management of common medical emergencies.
The session included:
- Recognition & management of adult collapse and cardiac arrest
- Overview of the causes of cardio-respiratory arrest in children
- Recognition & management of adult choking
- Recognition & management of the choking child
- Overview of the signs, symptoms and management of anaphylaxis
- AED use
- Resuscitation equipment
- Danger to the rescuer
The course has registered extremely positive feedback from GPs
The feedback from attendees has been extremely positive.
The GPs who attended the CPR session received a CPD certification at the end, and were all very pleased with the content and outcome of the course.
“It was a valuable, interactive and practical session in a small group, gaining 2.5 hours mandatory training.” Dr Tony Marwaha from Teddington Memorial Hospital commented.