- Visiting hours
- Covid-19 guidelines
- Guidelines for visitors
- Travelling and parking
- How many visitors can I have in the Day Unit?
- Can very young children visit?
- Is it OK if I don't accept telephone calls or visitors?
- Can my visitor eat with me?
- Can someone stay with me overnight?
- What about my spiritual and religious needs?
- Do you have any more questions?
What are the Visiting Hours for New Victoria Hospital?
Visiting hours are between 9am and 10pm. However it might be best to limit visits as you may want to rest immediately after your operation.
Receiving visitors is at the discretion of the nurse in charge.
Visitors - Covid-19 Guidelines
To protect our patients, we need to limit the number of hospital visitors.
Day Unit and Overnight Patients
You can receive ONE named family member, friend or carer for ONE daily visit between 9am and 10pm. This must be the same person each day.
If you are an adult coming to one of our outpatient departments, you are unfortunately not allowed a companion. Vulnerable adults and children can be accompanied by ONE person only. If you believe there are exceptional circumstances, please contact us in advance.
Full Covid-19 Guidelines
You can read all the details in our Covid-19 guidelines for in-patient visits.
Guidelines for Visitors
- Please wash your hands using the alcohol gel provide.
- Please do not bring in any cooked food which needs storing or reheating.
- Gifts such as magazines, fruits, sweets and flowers are welcome.
- Please keep noise levels to a minimum. Neighbouring patients may be sleeping.
Travelling and Parking at the Hospital
Patients and visitors can park for free in our CCTV monitored car park. Our sat nav postcode is KT2 7EG. For more details, including public transport routes, please take a look at our Contact and find us page.
How Many Visitors Can I Have in the Day Unit?
We would prefer you only have one visitor with you.
Can Very Young Children Visit?
It is best if you only see very young children once you have left the hospital. This is especially true if they have not been immunised.
Is it OK if I Don't Accept Telephone Calls or Visitors?
Yes, absolutely. If you do not wish to receive visitors or telephone calls, please speak with your nurse.
Can My Visitor Eat With Me?
Yes, your visitor can eat with you in your room or bay. Find out more in Dining and menus.
Can Someone Stay With Me Overnight?
Yes, in exceptional circumstances, this may be possible if:
- You have been assessed as critically ill
- The relative/friend is acting as a carer/interpreter/chaperone
- You are under 18 years of age
What About My Spiritual and Religious Needs?
During your stay, your nurse will ask if you have any specific spiritual or religious requirements. They can contact a local spiritual or religious representative of your faith on your behalf.