Eleni Anastasiadis is a Consultant Urological Surgeon at Croydon University Hospital and St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. She studied medicine at Leicester University Medical School, completing her studies for a MBChB in 2008 with Honours. She received numerous accolades during her medical studies, including the Phillip Hammersley Gold Medal for the best academic performance in the MBChB course as a whole and distinctions for every core area of study. She also received the Dean’s Salver for the best non-academic contributions to the Medical School for her work as a student leader and as a tutor to fellow medical students.
As a junior doctor Eleni went on to achieve two prestigious and highly competitive National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Academic Clinical Fellowships. During this period, she earned a MSc in Epidemiology from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and entered Specialist Urological training in the South London region. During her specialist training Eleni had the privilege of working with numerous world-leading urologists, including at St George’s Hospital and Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital, enabling her to train comprehensively within Urology.
In 2019 Eleni became a substantive consultant at Croydon University Hospital and Honorary Consultant at St George’s Hospital. In Croydon Eleni delivers general urological services, regularly doing minimally invasive endoscopic prostate surgery (bipolar resection) for urinary symptoms, circumcisions, vasectomies, hydrocele surgery, testicular/ scrotal surgeries, ureteric stone surgery, and diagnostic procedures including cystoscopies. She has also set up and runs the Andrology service, offering specialist clinics in erectile dysfunction, chronic pelvic pain syndrome/ chronic prostatitis/ chronic scrotal pain, Peyronie’s disease, complex penile reconstructive surgery, male infertility, urethral strictures, microsurgical varicocele treatment, testicular/ scrotal surgeries etc. At St George’s Hospital Eleni is an active member of the supra-network Penile Cancer and benign Andrology teams. She is also a member of the Croydon Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) reviewing and advising on urological cancers and other urological conditions.
Eleni is regularly involved with research and clinical education. A list of her research interest and publications can be found at https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Eleni-Anastasiadis. She runs the Urology Academic Meeting in Croydon Hospital which provides a forum for learning and keeping up to date with the latest research, and she also acts as an Educational Supervisor to Foundation Year doctors.
For further information please visit her website on www.consultanturologist.co.uk
- Urinary tract infections in men and women, including recurrent infections
- Kidney stones - including uncomplicated stone surgery (ureteroscopy and laser)
- Problems with passing urine in men and women
- Prostate problems, including counselling on PSA testing
- Prostate surgery for benign prostate disease (minimally invasive TURP)
- Blood in urine
- Penis and scrotal conditions including tight foreskin (phimosis), other foreskin conditions, hydrocele, lumps in testicles, skin lesions in these areas
- Male fertility
- Difficulties in erections/ ejaculation, including blood
- Peyronie's disease
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Chronic pelvic pain syndrome in men/ chronic prostatitis
- Varicoceles - including microsurgical varicocelel ligation surgery
- Male infertility - including severe forms
- Chronic/ acute testicular pain
- Testicular lesions - including total or partial orchidectomies, prosthesis
- Penile conditions