We are looking for a Theatre Practitioner - Recovery to join our Theatres team. The role of the Theatre Department is to provide patient care during the pre, peri and post-operative phase of a surgical patient’s care within the hospital.
This role involves providing a high standard of professional practice and clinical care. You will be working with the theatre team to promote a good working environment and maintain a supportive learning environment within the operating department.
Some of the duties and responsibilities of this role involve:
- Implement basic nursing care independently.
- Implement new/complex care with supervision.
- Practise in own clinical area of practice to agreed competency level.
- Utilise resources appropriately to ensure agreed standard of patient care
- Be able to delegate suitable clinical care to junior staff
- Develop preceptorship skills and actively support peers.
- Effectively communicate with patients and colleagues.
- Facilitate a question and answer dialogue with patients and relatives.
- Be able to demonstrate listening skills and the use of non-verbal cues.
- Evaluate written information and documentation.