Dr Malaiya qualified from King’s College London in 2006. She completed her training within the South London Training programme in General Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. She has worked at specialist centres including Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals, St George’s Hospital and King’s College Hospital.
Dr Malaiya has worked as a consultant Rheumatologist at Epsom & St Helier Hospitals since 2018. She has a strong background in managing all aspects of general and inflammatory rheumatological conditions.
Dr Malaiya is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and has held local and national positions:
- London Representative: National Early Inflammatory Arthritis Audit
- London Representative: British Society of Rheumatology Advisory Committee
- Royal College of Physician’s Regional Speciality Advisor for Rheumatology,London
- Clinical Lead for Rheumatology 2020-2022
Dr Malaiya is a registered GMC educator and is regularly involved in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching. She is also involved in clinical research being Principle Investigator for the BSRBR-RA study and has national and international presentations and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Inflammatory arthritis (such as rheumatoid arthritis and gout)
- Connective tissue diseases
- Soft tissue rheumatic conditions such as shoulder pain and tennis elbow
- Young adults (16+ years)
- Joint and soft tissue injections