Dr Roy Jogiya is a Consultant Cardiologist at New Victoria Hospital trained in all aspects of general Cardiology with specialist interest in heart rhythm disorders and imaging.
He is based at Kingston Hospital and looks after patients with cardiac conditions. He is also appointed at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust where he undertakes more specialist procedures. With his broad exposure within his NHS base he aims to offer holistic care to his patients. He also has a clinic every Tuesday at Surbiton Health Centre.
Dr Jogiya grew up locally and studied at Tiffin School for Boys in Kingston. He went to Imperial College and graduated with Honours in Cardiovascular Science (BSc) and Medicine (MBBS). He has extensive training and was at a number of prestigious cardiac centres including the Royal Brompton, Yale New Haven Hospital, Imperial NHS Trust and St Georges Hospital, during which he gained a PgDip in Medical Law and Ethics. He received a prestigious British Heart Foundation Fellowship and undertook his PhD in Cardiac MRI at Kings College London and successfully published a number of important papers and presented his works internationally.
- Heart rhythm problems – palpitations, dizziness, blackouts
- General cardiological problems– chest pain, breathlessness, cardiovascular risk, high blood pressure, high cholesterol
- Heart failure and stroke prevention
- Cardiac imaging – Cardiac MR, Cardiac CT, Echocardiography
- Procedures - pacemakers, defibrillators, heart failure therapy (CRT), coronary angiography, electrical studies (EPS), ablation, cardioversion, loop recorder implantation