Professor Stergios Doumouchtsis is a Consultant Obstetrician – Gynaecologist and RCOG accredited subspecialist Urogynaecologist in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust, and an Honorary Reader in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at St George’s University of London (UK).
He is a Clinical Professor in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Ross University, School of Medicine, an Associate Professor in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the American University of the Caribbean, School of Medicine and a Visiting Professor in the University of Athens, School of Medicine.
He is a member of several national and international scientific and professional committees, working groups and societies.
Professor Doumouchtsis has published over 120 peer-reviewed articles and authored over 40 book chapters.
He has edited or co-edited 3 textbooks
He participates regularly as an invited speaker in national and international conferences.
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urgency urinary incontinence (overactive bladder), urinary urgency & frequency
- Voiding dysfunction
- Recurrent cystitis
- Bladder pain syndrome
- Pelvic organ prolapse (cystocele, rectocele, uterine prolapse, primary and recurrent) - conservative and surgical treatments
- Pelvic pain
- Childbirth injury, perineal pain / complications
- Defaecatory difficulty
- Anal incontinence
- Menstrual problems
- Polycystic ovaries
- Bartholin's cysts
- Enlarged or asymmetric labia