Professor Stergios Doumouchtsis is a Consultant Obstetrician – Gynaecologist and RCOG accredited Urogynaecologist in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust. He is a Visiting Professor at the University of Athens, Medical School.
Having completed his training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the UK, he undertook subspecialty training in Urogynaecology. Following completion of his training, he was awarded an Ethicon Travel Award by the RCOG and worked as a visiting Scholar in the University of Michigan, where he participated in research projects with the Pelvic Floor Research Group.
Professor Doumouchtsis is a member of several national and international scientific and professional committees, working groups and professional societies. He has authored over 50 peer-reviewed articles and over 20 book chapters and has been participating as an invited speaker and chairman in national and international conferences. He is a Scientific Editor for BJOG.
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urgency urinary incontinence (overactive bladder), urinary urgency & frequency
- Voiding dysfunction
- Recurrent cystitis
- Bladder pain syndrome
- Pelvic organ prolapse (cystocele, rectocele, uterine prolapse, primary and recurrent) - conservative and surgical treatments
- Pelvic pain
- Childbirth injury, perineal pain / complications
- Defaecatory difficulty
- Anal incontinence
- Menstrual problems
- Polycystic ovaries
- Bartholin's cysts
- Enlarged or asymmetric labia