Demetri Panayi is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist and Subspecialist Urogynaecologist.
Mr Panayi is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist and accredited Subspecialist Urogynaecologist. He is the lead urogynaecologist at Epsom and St. Helier Hospital, London after completing his subspecialist training at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust where he also completed his medical degree.
He practises urogynaecology and management of women’s pelvic floor disorders to a tertiary level including medical and surgical management of complex conditions. He is also responsible for setting up the perineal clinic service at St. Helier’s Hospital which assesses and manages women who have sustained serious childbirth injuries.
Mr. Panayi has conducted research into the investigation and management of female urinary incontinence, prolapse and chronic vaginal and bladder pain syndromes. He has a particular interest in ultrasound imaging of the lower urinary tract and urodynamics assessment and has published his research and written articles in international peer-reviewed journals and presented at international and national scientific meetings. He has been invited to author book chapters and has spoken at international and national conferences.
- Bladder and vaginal pain
- Recurrent Urinary tract infections
- Chronic bladder inflammation
- Urinary incontinence in women
- Uterine and Vaginal prolapse
- Vaginal hysterectomy
- Vaginal wall repair
- Vaginal vault procedures not using mesh
- Complex prolapse and incontinence surgery including repeat surgery
- Botox treatment to bladder
- Minimally invasive bladder procedures
- Management of Childbirth injury
- Vaginal reconstruction
- Labial reconstruction
- Minimally invasive procedures including laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, endometrial ablation, cystoscopy
- Menstrual disorders
- General gynaecology