Mr Thompson specialises in ACL surgery, revision ACL surgery, meniscus and cartilage injuries.
Mr Thompson's ACL research has been recognised worldwide. His research papers have won International recognition in peer review and have received the gold medal at the International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine.
His patients include royalty, stars of film and television, elite level athletes including Olympic gold medalists, premiership football, premiership rugby, netball super league, and lacrosse.
Having played Elite level Rugby Mr Thompson understands the needs of the player, physiotherapy team, coaching staff and manager for return to play.
- ACL surgery
- Knee surgery
- Sports injuries
- ACL reconstruction
- Revision ACL with accelerated bone grafting
- Arthroscopic knee surgery
- Meniscal injuries and repair
- Ligament injuries and repair
- Complex ligament surgery
- Knee replacement surgery
- Hamstring related injuries including proximal hamstring
- Bone preservation surgery