Professor Zoe Winters became a Professor of Breast Surgery in 2017 through University College London. She is an experienced, Senior London Consultant Breast Cancer Surgeon and Breast Specialist, specialising in the diagnosis, treatment and management of breast diseases, breast cancer and all benign breast problems. She is a nationally and internationally recognised senior breast surgeon, with clinical excellence awards through iWantGreatCare in 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, and 2023 and also received the Prestige Health award for Top London Breast Surgeon in 2021, 2022, and 2023.
Professor Winters trained in Johannesburg and Cape Town (South Africa) and completed her Doctor of Philosophy degree at the University of Oxford by receiving the prestigious Oxford Nuffield Senior Research Fellowship. Professor Winters works closely with Oncologists, Geneticists, Plastic Surgeons and Psychiatrists at the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust.
Zoë has received many awards for her clinical research including the King James IV Professorship for surgery research. She has also led two world first randomised trials in breast surgery and has validated the first European Patient Reported Quality of Life questionnaire in breast reconstruction after cancer surgery that has been used internationally.
- Specialist in Breast Cancer and all Breast Health issues
- One Stop Rapid Diagnostic Breast Clinic (with imaging and diagnosis)
- Young Onset Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer Surgery using Oncoplastic (breast tissue remodelling) techniques
- Enhanced modern Breast Screening (mammogram, ultrasound, tomosynthesis, MRI) with frequency of imaging based on European guidelines
- Routine assessments of mammographic breast tissue density scoring
- Breast Cancer Genetics using extended gene panel testing
- Family History advice working with leading cancer Geneticists
- Implant problems - removal and capsulectomies
- Axillary lymph node localisations using latest technology
- Immediate breast reconstructions for breast cancer using mesh-assisted implants and all types tissue-only flaps (DIEP, TUG) working with leading Plastic Surgeons
- Immediate and delayed types of breast reconstruction
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) working with leading Menopause Specialists
- Male gynaecomastia