Dr Janakan Natkunarajah is a full-time Consultant Dermatologist and Clinical Lead at Kingston Hospital where he is the Clinical Lead for 5 dermatology consultants, 2 Specialist nurses. He was appointed to Kingston Hospital in 2011. He developed the dermatology service at Kingston and Raynes Park Health Centre and Community sites with excellent patient feedback and is involved in Acute Dermatology Management at Kingston Hospital.
He trained at Imperial College London and graduated in 2002, having gained a first class Neuroscience BSc in 1999. He has had the unique opportunity to have worked in several excellent dermatology units including Amersham Hospital and King's College Hospital. He trained locally on the St George's/St Helier's/Kingston dermatology rotation.
Throughout his training he has won several prizes at the Royal Society of Medicine and the British Association of Dermatologists Annual Conference. He actively teaches dermatology to undergraduates and postgraduates and is involved in GP education with organising a GP skin club at Kingston Hospital. He is currently the South London British Association of Dermatology Regional representative and is the co-editor of the Clinical and Experimental Dermatology Journal.
Dr Natkunarajah is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians. He is Educational Supervisor at Kingston for the Dermatology Trainees (2011- 2017).
- Co-editor Clinical and Experimental Dermatology Journal
- Written a Chapter on the skin effects of Chemotherapy in the ‘World Renowned’ Rook
- Textbook of Dermatology 9th edition- 2016
- National Committees: South London British Association of Dermatology Regional Representative (2012-2015 )
- National Committee: British Association of Dermatology Drugs & Therapies Guideline Committee (2016-Current)
- Chair of South West Thames Regional Dermatology (2013-2017)
- More than 27 Peer reviewed Dermatology Publications
- Won several Prizes at the Royal Society of Medicine and the British Association of Dermatologists Conferences
- Involved in GP education – created the GP Skin Club (Kingston)
- Inspirational Dermatology training at Amersham Hospital, King’s College Hospital with the late Dr E Higgins, St George’s, St Helier and Kingston Hospital
- Ran the London Marathon 2015 for the British Skin Foundation – raised more than £4000
= Alternate weeks
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust