Inpatient Physiotherapy Services at New Victoria Hospital
Physiotherapy for patients who have undergone certain surgical procedures or are recovering from certain medical conditions is considered vital in order to optimise recovery and to fully realise the benefits of surgery. Our highly experienced and dynamic inpatient physiotherapy team will play a large part in helping your post-operative recovery and rehabilitation, allowing a safe and timely discharge home.
The inpatient physiotherapy team works closely with the Consultants at New Victoria Hospital adhering to predetermined protocols of treatment to ensure optimal patient care. In addition the team meets weekly for service development and staff training.
Inpatient physiotherapy might consist of any one of the following services and will be carried out in a professional and efficient manner in liaison with your Consultant during your stay here at New Victoria Hospital.
Core physiotherapy Services
- Advice and exercises for those undergoing gynaecological surgery.
- Comprehensive post operative assessment and treatment for all orthopaedic patients.
- Onward referrals as necessary for discharged patients who are judged to require further rehabilitation to achieve a full recovery.
- Pre-operative assessment for those undergoing major orthopaedic surgery to practise the necessary exercises that will need to be performed after the operation, and to practise walking with crutches where appropriate.
- Respiratory advice and treatment as needed for those undergoing more major surgery or who need respiratory help due to medical conditions.
- Supply and fit any equipment appropriate to ensure optimal recovery and safe discharge home e.g. crutches, orthopaedic shoes, slings etc.
For more information on Inpatient Physiotherapy Services at New Victoria Hospital, fill out our online booking form or call 020 8949 9020.