Martin Goddard is a Consultant Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon specialising in anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries and ACL reconstruction. Mr Goddard graduated from Guy’s and St Thomas’ Medical School in 1998. He was fellowship trained in knee surgery by Professor Leo Pinczewksi in Sydney, Australia who pioneered the techniques for ACL reconstruction surgery.
Mr Goddard lives in Wimbledon and is an expert skier with a particular interest in assessing and treating skiing related knee injuries, as well as returning patients to the slopes.
Mr Goddard has a specialist knee NHS practice at St George’s University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London. He is a senior honorary lecturer at St George’s University of London Medical School.
Mr Goddard has published clinical research articles on ACL reconstruction in leading orthopaedic journals. He was awarded the ISAKOS Scientific Research Award in 2013. He continues research in the field of arthroscopic ACL reconstruction at Imperial College London.
He is a member of the British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK).
Knee Procedures Performed:
- Arthroscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Revision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Arthroscopic meniscal surgery including repair
- Arthroscopic cartilage procedures
- Total knee replacement
- Partial or unicompartmental knee replacement
Mr Goddard's secretary can be contacted by email at: email@example.com and appointments can be made by calling 020 8949 9021.
Publications, lectures and teaching
- Multiple publications in internationally peer-reviewed journals
- ISAKOS Scientific Research Award 2013
- Regular faculty member on orthopaedic training courses
- Reviewer of the Bone and Joint Journal and The Knee
- Tutor for St George’s University of London Medical School
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- International Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- South East Knee Study Group
= Alternate weeks
St George's Hospital; South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre